The latest innovations in mobile technology and the evolution of the Android systems have made life very easy for people of the modern era. People can now carry their personal computers along and enjoy the benefits of being able to read their emails on the go. The smart phones that people use these days are such that they can act as personal manager for a variety of activities.
How to set up email client on the phone?
This is for phones that have secure SSL settings
- Log in with the email id and password
- Put the name of the Incoming Server
- Put the name of the Incoming Port
- Put the name of the Outgoing Server
- Then mention the Outgoing Port
- Authenticate the set up
To explain what is a Third party email agent in laymen’s terms:
- It is basically an application which helps in receiving emails from the individual’s email account into the phone.
- This application connects with the email server of the client and helps in presenting the incoming emails on the handheld devices that the individual may be carrying.
- This program does not or cannot start working on its own. It has to be configured and set up by the user.
The basic function of the Third party email agent is downloading email messages from the user’s email server. This process can be accomplished in two ways, one is known as POP and the second is known as IMAP.
The difference between these two services is as follows:
- While in POP the email once downloaded from the client’s server is deleted from the server, in IMAP the email can be retained in the server.
- While in IMAP the email messages can be tagged as read, unread etc., in POP no sucg actions can be performed.
- Also, in IMAP, the creation of sub folders for spam and trashed messages is an automatic process but that is not the case with POP.
Different email clients work with different speed and efficiency in different handheld devices. Therefore, it can be conveniently said that people willing to configure their email on their phones can take the help of experienced technical support professionals to complete the complex process of configuration.